The congress will be held in Università Statale di Milano and in Museo Civico di Storia Naturale.
The Congress venue (all the scientific activities) is located in Via Celeste Clerichetti 2-16, Milan.
Opening ceremony and welcome party (on the 2nd september, at 18.30) will be at Museo di Storia Naturale di Milano, Corso Venezia 55, easily reached from the congress venue via underground (Line 1; stop: Palestro).
Opening Ceremony and Welcome Party
Museo Civico di Storia Naturale di Milano, Corso Venezia 55, Milano
Date: 2 September (Monday); Time: 18:30 hrs
Admission is free for congress participants and for their registered accompanying persons.
The museum can be easily reached from the congress venue via underground (Line 1; stop: Palestro).
To go to the welcome party, we will move from the congress venue around 18.00. Meeting point: Entrance of the Aula
- Italy is a hotspot of richness and endemism for amphibians and reptiles in Europe, and many SEH members are from Italy. However, no SEH congresses have been organized in Italy until now
- Milan is the second largest city of Italy, hosting major scientific institutions and many herpetologists work in the Milan region
- Excellent and cheap connections with all the cities of Europe, and direct flights with major destinations worldwide. For instance, there are Ryanair connections with > 80 airports, and EasyJet connections with > 60 airports
- A wonderful city, with major museums, artistic beauties, and nightlife
- Excellent position within Italy. It is easy to organize trips and visit art cities (e.g. Florence and Venice: 2h by train; Rome: 3h by train), or to explore the nature of the Alps or the Mediterranean areas of Italy.